Wednesday 27 May 2015

Wednesday's Child: McRae Twins (Charles & Ann)

This past Sunday was rather depressing as I did research. While looking for the birth record for a child born to my great-great grandfather circa 1876, I stumbled across the birth record for a set of twins, Charles & Ann McRae, born prematurely on October 28, 1875 in Boston, Massachusetts to James R. and Catharine McRae. The twins did not survive, passing away the next day. They were interred in Cedar Grove.

What depressed me most about finding these twins is that it meant that my great-great-grandfather, who I already knew saw of his own seven children die during his lifetime, had actually seen nine of his own children die.

Birth Record for Charles & Ann McRae

Death Record for Charles & Ann McRae

Copyright © 2015, David J. McRae

No comments:

Post a Comment