Wednesday 8 July 2015

Friday's Visits to South Easton Cemetery & Pine Hill Cemetery

On Friday, July 3, 2015, my boyfriend Paul and I went to South Easton Cemetery, South Easton, Massachusetts and Pine Hill Cemetery, West Bridgewater, Massachusetts. My primary goals that day were to visit the grave of my 3x-great-grandparents Martin & Augusta Anderson in South Easton Cemetery and the graves of my 2x-great-grandparents August & Hedvig (Eden) Anderson, great-grandparents Henry & Lucile (Garfield) Anderson, and grandmother Helen P. (Meagher) Anderson.

A few weeks prior, I had been at Olde Mystick Village in Connecticut. There, I went to Bestemors Imports and bought three Swedish flags to put on the graves of Martin & Augusta, August & Hedvig, and Henry. Martin, Augusta, August, and Hedvig were all emigrants from Sweden. Henry was born in Easton, Massachusetts but was among the first generation of the family to be born in America. He grew up in a Swedish household and spoke Swedish fluently. With these flags, I wanted to honor both my ancestors and our Swedish heritage.

In addition to the Swedish flags, I had also purchased two decorative birds at Garden Specialties to put on the grave of my grandmother. During her lifetime, my grandmother loved birds. Also, the bird decorations that were at her grave already had become aged, damaged and needed to be replaced.

Below are photos from that day showing the graves after the addition of the birds and flags. I was very pleased with how they looked once I was done.

(Special thanks again to my boyfriend Paul for bringing me to the cemeteries and for being a part of this with me. It meant a lot.)













(To read about the alternative I used as a flag holders, click here.)

Copyright © 2015, David J. McRae

No comments:

Post a Comment